A CRM data analyst at adidas Japan & founder of Tokyo Snack Box.
On this website, you will learn about my journey from north of France to Tokyo, but also some advice about getting an internship or a full-time job in Japan. All based on personal experience.
Tokyo Snack Box, Tokyo
Founder – Since September 2020
During the middle of COVID-19 crisis, I realized that most people will have troubles to travel to Japan anytime soon.
So, I created a box of Japanese snacks and candies, that I ship to Europe and especially French-speaking countries.
Although I started it as a side-hustle, it is now making more profit than my full-time job's salary, with more than 500 customers since I started.
Tools I've been using for this project:
- Adobe suite: Photoshop/Illustrator/Indesign
- Shopify for the website
- Communication & ads: Facebook, Instagram, Google, Twitter, LinkedIn, Youtube, Tiktok
- Database & Analytics: Airtable & Google Analytics
adidas Japan, Tokyo
CRM Representative / Data Analyst – Since March 2020
- Data extraction, analysis and reporting of membership-related data, from the global database, using SQL (Exasol platform).
- ad-hoc data extraction reporting on various topics, to prepare for future campaigns.
- Collaboration with the media teams for targeted campaigns (look-alife advertising)
- Creation and management of digital campaigns (Personal track record: more than ¥200M of revenue in 2020 Q3+Q4) both on the adidas website and adidas app.
Assortment Planning Representative – March 2019 ~ February 2020
Based on data analysis, my role was to choose which products should be sold, in which stores & at what timing. I took care of adidas Originals & Action Sports products for several stores, both in Tokyo and in the Kansai area, for 2 seasons: Spring/Summer and Fall/Winter 2020.
Contractor, Marketing – August 2018 ~ February 2019
I was assigned to 3 different teams during that contract:
- Originals & Action Sports Business Unit
- Concept to Consumer, Range Architecture = based on data, how many products do we need in our range next season?
- Concept to Consumer, Assortment Planning = based on data, in which store should we sell which product and at what period?
eLife Inc., Tokyo
Content writer, Freelance – February 2020 ~ March 2021
eLife is a Tokyo-based agency, providing marketing strategy and content.
During this 1 year contract, I wrote SNS content for a Japanese brand that was trying to expand their business on the French market.
TableCheck Inc., Tokyo
Marketing Intern – December 2017 ~ March 2018
TableCheck (formely called Vesper) is developing systems to connect restaurants and diners around the world. The company's main services are:
TableSolution: a cutting-edge Restaurant Reservation & CRM System
TableCheck: a mobile app that allows customers to easily book restaurants in Tokyo.
Thanks to its software TableSolution, the company became a major player on the Japanese market for Restaurant Management Solutions.
However, prior to 2018, they had never tried to market their product overseas. My mission, under the supervision of the Marketing manager, was to launch the international marketing (french and english-speaking markets), to increase brand awareness outside of Japan.
96 Problems (now GoGoGo Comic), Tokyo
Marketing & Sales Intern – January 2016 ~ May 2017
I worked for 96 Problems (later renamed Everyst and now GoGoGO Comic) for almost one year and a half, both remotely from France but also in their office in Ebisu, Tokyo.
I first worked on the "Rough Draft" project from January 2016 to December 2016, spending 3 months in the office during summer holidays (June/July/August).
Later, the company changed its focus and I was assigned to work on Everyst, from January 2017 to May 2017, full-time in the office.
For both projects, I learnt a lot about marketing and sales, even attending some presentations to investors.
Sales Intern – February ~ March 2015
Eurocasa is a store selling high-end furniture. My main mission was to sell products to Japanese and foreign customers. I was also taking care of their website.
Master's degree in International Business
Rikkyo University, Tokyo (JP) - 2017~2018
I was the first student from IESEG School of Management to be enrolled in this double degree program with Rikkyo University.
I studied there from September 2017 to August 2018 (2 semesters) and obtained a master's degree in International Business.
On top of various business-related courses (finance, accounting, management, marketing, negotiation etc..), I had to write a master thesis - called Final Research Project - which was an M&A proposal for our Japanese client, SEGA Sammy, written in English. The overall project consisted of roughly 120 pages (4 parts of 30 pages) to be presented to a jury of professors.
Master's degree in Management, Specialization Marketing
IESEG School of Management, Lille (FR) - 2013~2019
I've graduated from IESEG after my final internship at Adidas, getting a Master's degree in Science of Management with a specialization in Marketing.
Business School in 5 years leading to a Master in ManagementAccredited EQUIS, AACSB & AMBA
According to the 2020 rankings:
✓ Ranked 21st among the best Masters in Marketing in the World (5th in France)
✓ Ranked 32nd among the best Masters in Management in the World (7th in France)
1-year exchange program
Sophia University, Tokyo (JP) - 2014~2015
As a 2nd year student of IÉSEG School of Management, my good grades allowed to spend a year (2 semesters) abroad as an exchange student, at Sophia University. There, I studied in the Liberal Arts faculty - various business courses taught in English.
- Facebook ads
- Twitter ads
- Google adwords
Analytics / SEO
- Google Analytics & Google search console
- Amplitude (App analytics)
- Appsflyer (App analytics)
- Microstrategy (Business Intelligence software)
- SQL database
Bilingual - TOEIC 990/990
Professional working proficiency - JLPT N2
"Studied for 10 years but can only remember lyrics from 99 Luftballons" level
📜 In the media
- News: June 2021 - Article about Tokyo Snack Box in Yahoo News (JP)
- Youtube: June 2021 - 1 month in the backstage of a startup in Japan (FR)
- News: May 2021 - Article about Tokyo Snack Box in a top French newspaper "20 Minutes" (FR)
- Television : May 2021 - Interview on BFMTV (FR)
- Radio: April 2021 - Interview on the #1 French radio, France Inter (FR)
- Linkedin: April 2021 - My startup's April profit was higher than my full-time job's salary (EN)